The Long Road Home
Crafting Time Table
|Sling||a day||1||1||1||Slow Firing (p)|
|Shortbow||a few days||3||2||2||Slow Firing, Large|
|Longbow||a few days||4||2||2||Armor Penetrating, Slow, Huge (p)|
|Compound Bow||a week||4||2||3||Armor Penetrating, Slow, Huge (p)|
|Crossbow||a week||3||2||3||Armor Penetrating, Large, Slow Firing (p)|
|Heavy Crossbow||a few weeks||4||2||4||Armor Penetrating, Large, Slow Firing (p)|
|Short Sword||a few days||3||2||2||Small|
|Great Sword||a month||5||2||4||Huge (p)|
|Wood Axe||a day||4||2||1||Large|
|Battle Axe||a few day||5||2||2||Large|
|Small Club||1 hour||2||1||0||Small|
|Mace||a few days||2||2||2||Large|
|War Hammer||a day||3||2||1||Large|
|Large Club||1 hour||4||1||0||Huge (p)|
|Maul||a few days||5||2||2||Huge (p)|
|Short Spear||a day||4||1||1||Large|
|Long Spear||a day||4||1||1||Long, Huge (p)|
|Halbred||a week||4||2||2||Long, Huge (p)|
|Leather/Hide||A few days||+ 1||1||2||Has 3 stress boxes|
|Chainmail/Breastplate||A week||+ 2||2||3||Has 4 stress boxes, Bulky|
|Ring Mail/Scale Mail||A month||+ 3||2||4||Has 5 stress boxes, Bulky|
|Plate Mail||A few months||+ 4||2||5||Has 6 stress boxes, Restricting(p)|
|Buckler||A day||+ 2/ + 1||2||1||Small|
|Light Shield||A few days||+ 2/ + 2||2||2|
|Heavy Shield||A week||+ 3/ + 3||2||3||Large|
|Tower Shield||A week||+ 2/ + 4||2||3||Huge(p)|
1. The total crafting time includes the refinement of raw materials into usable commodities that are ready to be used for crafting. If a crafter starts with refined materials it decreases the time for crafting by one increment.
2. The cost of an item is equal to its quality, which is the total number of successes that you need to craft/repair it.
3. You can work on a number of projects simultaneously, with a combined technology level equal to your crafting rating.
4. If the rating of the Crafting shop is higher than the base cost of an item the crafter gets a +1 bonus to their crafting roll.
5. When repairing an item the difficulty on the craft check is equal to the cost, and the time required to fix the item is 1 day/tech.
6. Crafting an item larger than a short sword, of mediocre quality takes at the least one day to craft.
7. The cost of ore/raw materials for crafting is equal to the items worth divided by two, although bartering is usually employed for such things in order to offset this cost.
8. Special materials confer the following costs and benefits to the finished weapon/armor.
Mythral metal adds 1 to tech level and cost of an item.
On a weapon it adds +1 damage for bladed weapons, +0 damage for blunt weapons (beyond max)
On armor it removes the bulky aspect, and downgrades the restricting aspect to bulky
Adamantium metal adds 1 to tech level and cost of an item.
On a weapon it adds +0 damage for bladed weapons, +1 damage for blunt weapons, (beyond max)
On armor it upgrades bulky armor to restricting but adds +2 health boxes to the armor.
Giant Specific Modifiers:
The Tempest’s Warforge takes an hour to get hot enough to start working. Only add that hour for crafts that take shorter than one day to create, otherwise that time is calculated in the crafting time.
The giant aspect adds one to the cost of an item. As does any other aspect or special item created for a non-standard human size, shape, or use.
*Note: If there is a giant equivalent for an item there is no negative modifier, if not it will be the standard -2 for huge. For example: A giant dagger is equivalent to a shortsword, a giant hatchet is essentially the same as a two handed axe, and a giant buckler is the same as a regular medium sized shield, etc.